Four fabulous days of every dance genre, ballet, tap, jazz, Hip Hop and more, here on the Gold Coast, are scheduled for a summer vacation school you don’t want to miss. We have professional teachers from the Queensland Ballet Company, Raw Tap Company, Spotlight Musical Theatre, ADA Exam Classes and much more. Billets are available for out of town dancers attending summer school.
Places are filled in order of application.
2015 Summer School Faculty
Brielle finished full-time dancing in 2013 at Ettingshausens Dynamic Arts and this year in 2014 she began her own business in teaching acrobatics. Brielle started dancing and acrobatics at a young age and was taught how to teach acrobatics by Tracie-Marie Sepiel.Brielle will be travelling over the Christmas holidays around Australia and New Zealand giving other people the knowledge of teaching and spotting acrobatics. Brielle is a trained dancer, not gymnast, which means she has more of an understanding of how to incorporate acrobatics into dance.
Nathan was born in Sydney. He studied at various schools in Sydney before accepting a place at The Australian Ballet School in 2002. He graduated in 2004 with an Advanced Diploma of Dance and took up his first professional contract with Queensland Ballet in 2005. Nathan was promoted to Soloist in October, 2007.
- Prince in Francois Klaus’s The Little Mermaid
- Blue Bird pas de deux in François Klaus’s The Sleeping Beauty
- Arabian pas de deux in Francois Klaus’s The Nutcracker
- Don José in Francois Klaus’s Carmen
- Romeo and Tybalt in Francois Klaus’s Romeo & Juliet
- Theseus and Oberon in Francois Klaus’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Natalie Weir’s Orpheus
- Heathcliff in Natalie Weir’s Wuthering Heights
- Bluebird pas de deux
- The role of Catalabutte in Francois Klaus’s The Sleeping Beauty
- 13 years of dance training with Julie-Ann Lucas School of Dance: 1997-2010
- 1 years study with the Australian Dance and Performance Institute (ADPI): 2009
- Professional Year with Raw Dance Company 2010 (full time) studying Ballet, Jazz, Funk Jazz, Flamenco, Tap, Hip Hop, Acrobatics, Afro Jazz, Samba, Singing, Musical Theatre and many other styles
- Pass with Distinction in the Trinity College Musical Theatre, Exam Level 8: 2009
- Student teacher in C.S.T.D tap and Honours in C.S.T.D jazz
- Touring with Raw Dance Company’s Project X: 2011
- Teaches Tap, Hip Hop and Commercial Jazz for Raw Dance Company
- Performed on Broadway at the New Victory Theatre with Raw Dance Company’s Untapped: 2011
- Toured and performed in Raw Dance Company’s Bang!Crash!Tap! Through Europe and Australia: 2012
- Channel 9’s television dance competition “Everybody Dance Now”: 2012
- Performed in the Brisbane festival with Untapped: 2013
- Burn the Floor in Tampa Florida: 2014
2014 Queensland Winner of Your Theatrics International Cabaret Contest, Jess has created and performed 2.5 Cabaret works in Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide and on the Gold Coast. Credits include Trio 1 (Jesus Christ Superstar), Frau Blucher (Young Frankenstein), Liza Minnelli (The Boy From Oz), Witch (Into the Woods), Female Authority Figure/Pinkette (Hairspray) and Velma Kelly (Chicago).
Born in Brisbane, Joseph began his ballet training at the Eva Kohout School of Dance, and in 2005 joined Queensland Ballet’s Junior Extension Program.
In 2009, Joseph graduated from the Queensland Dance School of Excellence and was
awarded Most Outstanding Dancer. He was also awarded the RAD (Royal Academy of
Dance) Solo Seal Award.
In 2010, Joseph was accepted into Queensland Ballet’s Professional Year program. After graduating in 2011, Joseph danced as a guest artist with the Company. He has performed in numerous of François Klaus’s productions for Queensland Ballet, citing his role as Uther Pendragon in King Arthur & the Tales of Camelot as a repertoire highlight. Joseph joined Queensland Ballet as a Company Dancer in January 2013.
- Uther Pendragon in François Klaus’s King Arthur & the Tales of Camelot
- Nils Christe’s Díner Dansant
Hip Hop and Jazz
Tahlia McCoy is a Jazz and Hip Hop instructor at Kings Christian College. She has been trained in genres Hip Hop, Jaz, Ballet, Tap and Contemporary for the last 16 years, completing many individual exams and competitions with high results. Tahlia is currently undertaking a Certificate IV in Dance Performance.
$100 Non – refundable deposit, to secure your place
Please Bring (Only if you own):
- Ballet Flats
- Demi Pointes
- Jazz Shoes
- Tap Shoes
- Chorus Shoes
- Water Bottle
- Morning Tea
- Hand Towel
Conditions of Entry
A. If confirmation of attendance has not been received within five days before the commencement of the Course, contact should be made with Kay Flynn: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 0414 457 708
B. Kay Flynn should be notified in writing of any medical conditions when enrolling
C. Deposit is non-refundable unless a written request is made and accompanied by a medical certificate. A 50% refund is available upon presentation of a medical certificate.
D. Unless otherwise directed by the parent/guardian it is accepted that photographic images taken during this course may be used for KFDA promotion/reporting purposes.
PLEASE NOTE: Some physical contact may be necessary by a member of staff to demonstrate exercises or if a member of staff needs to administer first aid. Students attending the Summer School Course do so at their own risk.
Please book early: Places are filled in order of application.
Southport State High School
Creative Arts Hall