Classical – the foundation of dance. It provides students with the framework of weight placement, line and technique to build on all other forms of dance. KFDA offers the Royal Academy of Dance syllabus which is a professionally developed program designed to move students, using program levels, in a manner that is both challenging and enjoyable for students. It incorporates technical movement with lyrical expression and drama in order to develop the whole dancer.
Jazz – This is for the student who wants to dance with the music of today which also compliments their ballet training. There are many different styles of jazz incorporated in this genre including pure Jazz developed during the 1950’s up to today’s current style. This can be seen in the musicals “Cabaret”, “All that Jazz”, “Grease” and “Shampoo” to name a few. KFDA offers jazz exams through the Australasian Dance Association syllabus and Street Jazz.
Hip Hop – Funky street dancing and music developed on the streets of the USA which has been embraced by all the modern culture of today. This includes Break dancing, popping and locking and is used in a challenging street performance by different clubs and groups of dancers.
Contemporary – This form has been created to take the basis of classical ballet to a new level of freedom. It was originally created by choreographers in the USA such as Martha Graham, Merce Cunningham, Alvin Ailey and displays an abstract style using a suspension and release manner in the movements. It is especially loved by the majority of audiences for its interesting visual effects and variety of expression. Sydney Dance Company is a leader in the world for Contemporary Dance Excellence.
Tap Dance – Today there are many companies who specialise in Tap Dancing Productions exclusively and we offer all styles of tapping in our repertoire. We teach students excellent technical base using the Australian Dance Association Syllabus Examination system and then the students progress onto the contemporary Street Tapping. This style is performed by companies such as Tap Dogs and Raw. Should any student wish to dance professionally they must have tap dancing as part of their training. 42nd street is one of the many musicals which requires a proficient tap dancing cast.
Acrobatics – this has definitely become a trend amongst all dance styles and we have excellent acro training for all those who love to tumble, flip and cartwheel around the stage.
Musical Theatre – a study of many of the famous Musicals that were performed world wide. e.g Hairspray, Wicked, Oklahoma, The Lion King, Cats to name but a few. Our students study the main character roles depicted in each of these diverse musicals and singing and dancing is just part of the criteria. It is encompasses all genre of Theatre including Drama studies and is a whole well rounded balance for potential performers in the future Musical Theatre market.
Kids Hip Hop Dance
The Benefits of Hip Hop Classes for Kids
There are countless reasons why signing your child up for one of our hip hop dance classes in the Gold Coast is advantageous. A few examples include:
- Improves physical health: Are you concerned that your child isn’t very active? Our hip hop dance class can cure that worry. Our instructors will have your child up and moving around as soon as class begins. Our classes also help burn off excess energy, which may help your child feel more relaxed and calmer throughout the day.
- Socialisation: Any child will tell you that one of the best parts of their day is interacting with friends. Our dance classes allow your child to make new friends while learning a new skill at the same time. Your child will learn the importance of working as a team and have the chance to encourage the other children that are in their class.
- Growth in cognitive development: For your child to get the most out of their dance class, they will need to develop a sense of self-discipline. This type of dedication can cascade into other parts of their lives and help them become more successful as they grow.
What You Can Expect from Kay Flynn Dancing Academy Regarding Hip Hop Dancing in the Gold Coast
When you are ready to register your child for a dance class, we always want to be your first choice among dancing academies. When you trust us with your child’s development in dancing, you can anticipate the following:
- Beginners classes: We realise that not every child will come to our class and be a professional dancer. Our beginner classes will provide your little one with the foundations that they need to develop into an experienced dancer. Additionally, these classes will also help teach your child a sense of discipline and develop their learning abilities.
- Caring and experienced instructors: Suppling your child with a nurturing and fun environment during their lessons is something on which we pride ourselves. Our teachers have extensive experience in various dance styles, so you can rest assured that your child will receive the best instruction. We are always available to speak to you regarding any concerns you have regarding your child’s class.
- Multiple locations: We strive to make our dance classes accessible to as many families as possible. We have three different locations to make attending our dances classes easier.
About Kay Flynn Dancing Academy
At Kay Flynn Dancing Academy, we pride ourselves on giving our students every opportunity to express themselves through dance. Contact us today to sign your child up for a class or to learn more about our options.
Tips for Getting More Value Out of Contemporary Dance Classes in the Gold Coast
We always want to see our students make the most out of their time at our dance academy. As industry professionals, here are a few suggestions to keep in mind:
- Arrive on time: It’s important to remember that your child is not the only one that will participate in a specific class. Our classes begin on time to accommodate the schedule of both the students and the instructor. To ensure that your child doesn’t miss a moment, we recommend that you arrive a few minutes early.
- Bring water: Your child will exert a lot of energy during their class which is why they must remain hydrated. A good rule of thumb is to send your child to class with a bottle of water to ensure that they feel in top shape throughout the session.
- Encourage your child to ask questions: Our instructors strive to be as hands-on with your child as they can. However, if you notice that your child is struggling to master a step or feels confused, we recommend that you encourage them to ask questions during their class. We are always happy to provide them with the attention that they need.
Related Services We Provide to Acrobatics in the Gold Coast
Although we provide our students with the opportunity to participate in acrobatics and tap dancing classes in the Gold Coast, we also offer the chance to learn various dance styles. Some examples include:
- Hip hop: A hip hop dance class helps your little one to connect to a funky rhythm. From up-tempo beats to faster-paced moves, your child is sure to enjoy the music and technical motions of this type of class.
- Musical theatre: Does your child have an interest in musicals such as “The Lion King” or “Wicked”? Our musical theatre classes can help them incorporate their fascination with drama as well as dancing. We take an in-depth look into the characters behind each role and help your child connect with this character to portray it on stage.
- Classical: When working through a classical dance piece’s movements, it’s easy to feel like your body is floating away in the soft and flowing music. Classical dance provides students with a challenging experience but will help them fine-tune their skills as a dancer over time.
Why Trust Kay Flynn Dancing Academy Regarding Jazz Dancing?
You can rest assured that your little one will be in excellent hands when you register them for one of our dance classes. Our staff is always available to answer your questions. Get in touch with us today to learn more about our class options.